Friday, January 05, 2007

New Year updates

so yeah, i welcomed the new year with my head in a bucket. what ever happened of the sneezes? i could've been ok with the sneezes. but no it HAD to get to the worst, and just on time too. ah well, it's over now. i'm still in recovery mode... 5 days later. as a wierd side effect of the flue, i get this bad case of gassiness. burp, farts and all the bloathing to go with it. anyone else experience this? i know this flue is going around in what seem to be 3 different set of symptoms. and not everybody get all of them, some get only the thingly throat. lucky me, got the whole combo.

my mother was kind enough to brave the infectiousness and help me get some rest by looking after the kids while i was totaly miserable. then she calls today and by the sound of her voice, i was very hesitant to ask how she was, cause i could already tell that the answer was "not good" so now it's her turn to get some rest. i think we're both thankfull for the timing though. alowed her to help me, drive me to my chiro's apointment and get her apointment looked after at the same time so she didnt' have to go back this morning as she would've been absolutely unable to.

on a brighter note, with the help of my good friend Nancy and her hubby, i have a new something for my blog. i didn't want to change everything, just add a little something new hehe. hope you like it.

and today we finaly put up the shelves we bought after christmas and that i was too sick to help put up on new year... in the play room to put away the kids toys. better then the cupboard we had. Vivian had found the skill to open it and they were able to scatter the toys all over the room. now its all open but too high for them to reach, yet. i'm sure eventualy one of em will have the brain to drag a chair. at least they'll only be able to reach the bottom shelf for some time. i'm a bit surprised at how much of it we were able to fill of it already though. i was expecting to have more free space then that. maybe i need to look again for toys they have outgrown.

i also love the fact that christmas was a good motivator to deal with clutter. it look so good with less messyness and stuff out of place. now it almost look acceptable for peoples to come visit us.

Chantal updated for the New Year

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Is that a hint ? If it is, we should do something the 4 of us sometime, I'm sure Andy and Steph could talk about computers or something hehe. I'm too chicken to drive there myself!! I know it's not hard to find (apparently), but it's me... I'm nervous driving to my brother's house in irishtown and it's just a straight road hehe