Thursday, May 10, 2007

Wildernes Bliss

Unless you feel like you've swallowed a porkupine. noting too pleasant. i'm so sick of colds. seems Owen catch one everytimes he goes to the center, and then he gives it to us. i'm taking a break.

aside from that, we did see a porkupine last week i think. i'm losing track of time. i'm so frazzled. but here's a pic.

This sunday afternoon, i was gearing for my afternoon nap, when i realised all i was able to do was stare at the ceiling fan and wonder at the beautiful blue sky outside. so i got up and we went for a walk on our trail. not much eventfull, Vivian was tired and couldn't walk straight on the way back so we carried her for part of the way. but i did see a hoof print, and i thought it was a dear track, but my mother thought it was more the size of a moose. now that got me worried about going back on the trail by myself. I was hopping to start walking every day and use our back wood trail but with the prospect of seeing a moose. i opted for the road the next day.



on my way back from my walk the second day on the road, i came across one of my dear neybor. we talked for a while and she reassured me not to worry about moose or even bears for the most part. they're usualy shy and will get out of their way to avoid us if we make some noise, like singing hehe


so the next day i went on the trail again. it was nice but it looks much shorter when walking it without the kids. i didn't see the hoof print again, but i remembered to bring my camera this time and took a few pictures of nature.

this is what i think is an animal track beside my foot

the river looking upstream

the river looking downstream, the tree across is the dandy work of a beaver


you can see again, the tree across the river, that one was down when we went for our walk on sunday. the one across the path, blocking access to the river was fell since then... busy beaver

and this is our trail with the river at my back... facing my way home

so i'm planning to walk everyday as much as possible. although, there's also the garden that will require some of my time soon. there's a man that came with his tractor tiller yesterday and started tilling when he realised the soil was too wet, so he'll have to come back a bit later. we hadn't really decided how big to make it, but after putting sticks near the spot where the grape vines and the asparagus were, the man ended up ripping up a patch 20'x50'. i think it will be big enough hehe

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh wow your trail looks so nice!!! You will have to invite me someday so that we can go walk it while the men geek around hehe

Wow is that sneaker giving you enough support ? It's going to be very important for you to have good hiking shoes or crosstrainers or walking shoes if you're going to kick up the walking program! You wouldn't want to end up injuring your back/knees/ankes etc!

Nancy said...

Well I just looked at teh sneaker pic again, maybe it's just the lace that seems loose that is giving the illusion that the sneaker isnt givin ga lot of support hehe I really need good walking shoes too, I'm sooo thrilled that the nice weather is here, I am definitely going to make the most of my summer this year!

Anygma said...

you are and have been welcome to visit anytime you want. consider yourself officialy invited hehe

those shoes are very old and on their last leg haha. i so need new shoes, but that's the best i have at the moment... inside those old raggy shoes, there's a pair of $200 orthopedic insoles bwahaha!