Thursday, December 29, 2005

2 Days Left

*taking a deep breath and exaling slowly*

yep, 2 days and we can say good bye to 2005 and hello 2006! i feel like my brain is somewhat on vacation, not sure where. it's not like i vegged all that time. and it's not like i lacked in stuff to talk about either.

I had a good time recieving the family for Christmas, i tried to prepare myself a day early this time, even tho i still forgot to buy celery for the turkey stuffing. at first i was at lost but i thought to myself, self, you got some mushroom, might not be what you're used to, not what's on the recipe, but it should turn out just fine. and it really did, it was good, the whole meal was good. well maybe my pie crust need perfecting. it was my first pie crust ever tho.

everyone seemed to had a good time, even Vivian was full of giggles and smiles all day.

i should've known right from the start the crust was gonna be tough. I suppose i had my suspicion when i had to steem roll the dough over 50 time each half, to get it flat. it never broke, it was so hard to flatten it. but no one lost a tooth on it. and after a few days, the crust had softened.

my son started doing something quite peculiar yesterday. my hubby and I were wondering if it was tipical for a 2 years old. he takes plates, bowl, glass and now even silverware, line it up on the floor and when he hits a wall, that's it, regardless that there's still room on the other side of the line. and we weren't sure what to think of it. DH was even wondering if it was an autistic behavior. untill our DS cheered the word, quinkx. we're not sure how he came up with that word, but it's the word he use a lot when he sit on and watch DH play tetris. so in his own way, DS is playing tetris with plates and bowls. he seems quite interresting in learning to wisle too, he's starting to get the hang of it. i find it so cute.

DD has so far taste tested, avocado, squash and asparagus. and to my surprise, she seems to quite like asparagus. will be nice this summer when our garden's asparagus comes up. yum fresh picked asparagus.

also took Owen for some toboganing. he liked it a lot. i wish i had a baby sled, so i could've sat Vivian down and towed her around. she's quite heavy to cary. ah well, she'll be walking next year. a few week ago at her 6 months apointment she was 20lb and 13oz.

<--- my son on the tobogan my parents used to take me slinding with when i was his age hehe

ah well time to call it a night. 1 more day till new years!

Chantal

No comments: