Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm just a mother, i don't get paid for my work!

Breath in, Breath out, Breath in, Breath out.....

am i stressed? no, maybe, i dunno anymore. Breath in, Bread out..... maybe i'm too tired to realise i'm stressed? if my hands weren't hurting and so useless, i'd pick up an ax and i'd go mad on some trees in the back.

i'm not angry, it's just peoples that don't make sense to me. ok, maybe i have a beef. first of all, my husband already have a messed up shift of 8 day cycle... making it tricky for apointments, and with the kids, you can bet there are apointments...

now that's not so bad, i have printed out a special callendar that follow me everywhere with his schedule so i know when it's ok to take apointments. now, there's this guy that work on a machine my dear husband used to work on and my husband got quite good at it, that's probably why they kept him so long on it and call him back there whenever there's a problem, and that guy just happens to have trouble handling it, so yes, he's going to help him and to top it of, he's on a different shif so it's gonna mess up our schedule. who asked me if it mattered? you can bet on it, no one. but that's ok, i'll just print an other schedule that's gonna be effective for how long? who knows, it could be just a few weeks or indefinately if they decide to can the guy at his evaluation in a week and need to take the time to find and train someone new. so how do i plan in the mean time? i don't know, eccept i'm gonna have to call and cancel or move some apointments. cause dear husband will work his first 2 day shift and then hop on the other guy's 2 day, 2 night's shift. not sure how it will work if he goes back to his shift. blah!

now i got an other issue about work, yes one issue is not enough. you see, there's one guy at work, not even on dear husband's shift but he decided that everybody was gonna lose 18 hours if the factory shut down for remembrance day. because you see, if they work it, they get paid double time and a half. but only regular time if they don't work it. so he convinced everybody to request keeping the boxs flying out of those machine on remembrance day. i say, if the 11th was just a regular day, he'd just be paid regular time anyway, so taking the day off is not losing anything so the guy is just a greedy loud mouth. are we gonna start losing all our stat holydays because of 1 person?

please hold me back when i see this guy on the 10th at the celebration dinner prepared to highlight the 10th anniversary of the factory. hold me cause i'd tell him my 2 cents. cause oh yeas i'm gonna see him there and yes i already know who he is cause my husband and i worked with him at a previous job. is money really more important then spending time with the family? i should be getting his extra time and a half, i tell ya. and i was just saying last night that i could use a vacation, i bet my mom could use one too, but i'm so gonna need her on that big string of days. she should be entitled to a time and a half check worth too.

2 hours later and dear husband decided to cancel our attendance to the 10th anniversary dinner. all work and no fun. i suddently feel a wave of grumpiness invading me. *growl* it's amazing how many decisions can be made without concerting with me?

Chantal, euh, yeah, i'm a mom, that's it that's all, thank you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes :-s I'm sorry that everything feels so overwhelming and stressful right now :( *HUGS* I don't really have any advice I guess... I'm just here for you *hugs*

Anygma said...

thanks :)
i'm pretty sure we'll mannage, just that all the bad news seemed to happened in one chunk this morning.