Tuesday, September 19, 2006

So, i was told i should blog

*yawn* if i can stay awake that long. i'm so tired. feeling like i'm catching some cold, but so far it hasn't bloomed. my dear daughter on the other hand really got it, bad enough that i had to drive her to the hospital at midnight with 103 degree farenheight and a cough that was chocking her. i was affraid to drive as i was quite sleepy already and i didn't think driving 30 minute in that state would be safe, but i made it. at the hospital they called it a croupe... aparently it's worst the first day. they gave her a medication that was suposed to last 3 days and that's about how long the virus runs for.

they said that i could go home but if it happened again, i'd have to drive back and they'd give her something stronger. but i said, drive back? i'm not even sure i can return home in the state i'm in, i'm soo tired, especialy after 2 hour wait and what if she choak while i'm driving? so he said, it's very simple, since we live a considerable distance they could admit her for the night. so we did... only we got our room at 4:30 am!!! not much of a night left! i might have slept 2 hours at the most. i guess it's better then nothing and the daylight was a bonus to keep me awake on my way back.


I requested for my mom in law to come help some that day, since me and my husband were both so painfully tired that day... he was on his swing shift, suposed to stay up as late as possible and sleep part of the day but had to get up early with our son who had a full night of sleep. so she came and it was really nice to be able to get 1 hour nap.

Owen's hand is healing nicely, he didn't ware any bandage for the first time today.

don't know what else to say, i shoud go to bed, i've just been requested to talk about my healthy lifestyle hehe. well, i try to eat organic, at least for animal product. i don't eat meat at restorents. and well, while i was stuck at the hospital for a big part of the night i got hungry, so i went to check what they had at the cantine... all i could find that was semi acceptable was a whole wheat tuna sandwich...ironicaly, i rarely eat tuna but i had already eaten a can of tuna that day :| ah well, it was better then starving, especialy with a sick kid that just want to nurse for the most part since she's not feeling too well. i also bought a can of V8 and a snack pack of honey roasted peanuts. that's the best i could find at the time. but righ now, the best i can do healthwise, is go to bed. sleep is very important too and i've been neglecting it for quite some time. so i guess it will be my point of focus for the next while... getting in a good sleep routine.

night night, sleep tight
Chantal

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Me too! I need to discipline myself into going to bed a LOT earlier than I've been going for a long time. I notice a big difference in m y energy levels when I have 8 hours of sleep. So my plan is to go to bed at 9pm (read) and asleep by 10pm and wake up at 6am with my 8 hours of sleep :) Good Luck!

Anygma said...

thanks, but last night backfired on me after all. nice to go to bed around 10:30 but not so much to toss and turn till past midnight :S