Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I stink, you stink, he stink

We stink, you stink and they stink, argh!!!! Guess what! We still don’t have hot water!!!!!!!!!!!! No sir! Hot water we don’t have here. Someone told us we needed to upgrade the breaker and wiring to have a 60 gallon thank but didn’t tell us we needed the upgrade even if we stayed with a 40 gallon, so the guy came to install a 40 today and no can do, actually he was asked only to deliver it, not instructed to install it. What am I supposed to do with a thank that’s not hooked up? Who’s the dumb ass and can I offer him a nice ice cold bath?

Can’t do the dishes, can’t wash any cloth in hot or warm water, and can’t take a friggin bath, gotta wash babies bums with cold water. Vivian was constipated and I was hoping to give her a good hot bath soak to ease the tummy cramps and help her relax to encourage elimination. Nop, instead I had to try and shove a piece of glycerin suppository up there. At least that helped some and she seem happier now. Owen’s looking at the bathtub and climbing all around and saying splish splash, take a bath? No dear, we don’t have any hot water… haven’t had any at all for 2 days going on 3. I don’t remember the last time I been this dirty. I don’t even dare take my pony tail out, it’s like my hairs are stiffened in that particular shape, they stay that way if I take off the elastic but if the elastic is out too long they’ll fall down and be too hard to return in the pony tail and then it will be a bigger mess. Hmmm that gives me an idea. maybe I should go to town with some sort of container and some pants with big pockets.

Hubby came home fairly late tonight, had a few things to do after work before to head home. Then I had the unpleasant news to tell him that we still don’t have hot water and we’ll need to pay an electrician. he brought a few things in the house and then told me he believe he heart a bull moose outside. I guess we’re really in the wilderness hehe

i’m not too worried about dears they usually flee but moose, I heard they can be quite nasty. I don’t worry too much about skunks but porcupines a bit more. Coyotes are some concern if there’s any and I guess I worry more about bears, I hope there’s none too close from here. We seriously need to invest in good garbage cans, we wouldn’t want to invite them with a buffet.

Weird that Andy hears them in the evening but I never saw anything during the day. I saw a few little birds but I saw that in Dieppe too. Even saw ducks in Dieppe. Hmmm, one day I was out in the back yard with Owen and I heard some thumping in the ground. I was wondering if it could be a groundhog but now I think about it again, maybe it was a hare or a bunny. Didn’t see any holes in the backyard but maybe there could be some at the edge of the woods. Ah well we should see something sooner or later. If they hide well enough, eventually it’s gonna snow again and we’ll be able to see their steps. Not that I’m looking forward to snow. No, I want to enjoy the summer and hope it will be a good one.

That remind me, probably a year ago I saw a book at Canadian tire that was all about animal’s foot prints and how to recognize them. That would be something interesting to get my hands on. Right now I have an other type of species to observe. They’re crawling all around part of the upstairs. Ants! The big black ones. so far I start to see a few path that appear to be regular route for their travel. I’ll try as much as the kids allow me to keep a close eye on them and their paths. I got a treat for them. One that I want them to take to their queen. Out of 5 ants I offered it to, only 2 were interested. Some literally fled from it, but one of those 2 really pigged out on it. I don’t usually like insects at all but looking at it eat I thought it was almost cute. Maybe I should get a glass ant colony observatorium and help them move into it? Would that be more interesting then an aquarium? I was also thinking about putting a bird feeder in front of Owen’s bedroom window. But I guess we have more important things to do for now. a new mailbox would be good. The one that’s here have a strong tendency to lean in the ditch, is bent and is cracked at the bottom. Makes me wonder what is not falling apart in this house?

Chantal, cold and stinky

No comments: