Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It is now officially dead

Last night after we washed the kids, our water thank finally kicked the bucket. A smell of blown electronics and some water leaking, tripped breaker and no more hot water. I stink and have to wait till tomorrow morning for someone to come install a new thank. I can hardly wait as I was dying for a nice hot bath tonight but it will have to wait till tomorrow night. Andy will sneak into our old house for a quick shower before work early morning. A luxury I won’t have but he’s been working hard and still is from what I can hear. The computer room is in the basement and I hear some racket upstairs.

I insisted he install one of the safety gate at the top of the stairs so it will be less stressful tomorrow all day with the kids. I don’t have time to run after Owen wandering in the basement and less worrisome when I don’t have to be scared Vivian will attempt to go down those steep ceramic dressed stairs with sharp edge. So scary to think about a tumble in those, not only would in make for bad bruises but also for nasty cuts. Now this house is weirdly made and there’s different elevation to go to some rooms. Most are just 1 step and Vivian is starting to get the hang of it already. But we also have a 2 step sunken living room and that too is some steep and ceramic. Don’t know what those peoples were thinking. I hope one day to change all the steps to wood(rounder edge and some softer too). Until then I have to keep making sure she doesn’t attempt to go down those 2 steps by herself. I’m trying to teach her to go down feet first instead of head first. Once the house is sold in Dieppe, I might be able to afford a custom made gate for the living room.

My dear husband informed me this evening that he saw some critter waddle away from him making weird noise. He wasn’t sure if it was a skunk or a porcupine because it was dark outside. not sure which one I’d like it more to be. Hmmm, I think I’d like it more to be a skunk. Aside from stinkyness, it’s mostly harmless. A porcupine can hurt much more. Leave needles around, and me that like to walk barefoot… and the kids, and the cat? Visit to the vet because of foolish cat is not my favorite thought. Tomato juice on the other hand is fairly cheap.

Chantal the stinky pest

No comments: