Monday, May 01, 2006

Six things you might not know about me?

So I got challenged, not sure if I can come up with stuff really worth mentioning.


Does that mean I got to find 3 persons to challenge in return? I don’t know many bloggers aside from you 2s. you 2s know who you are. I probably don’t even need to say the names (Nancy and Tina) because there’s probably no one else reading my so unfamous blog.

1. I like to ware men’s boxer short (the ones with a fly) although they are all worn out and had to go bye-bye and I havn’t bothered buying new ones. I also always ware pajamas at the house, get dressed to go out and get back in pjs as soon as I’m back home.

2. I’ve appeared on TV twice, first time was during a mass that was televised, and I was in the choir at the time. The second was while I was doing a training at Royal Direct and they used our group to make a commercial for I don’t remember what. I so don’t like cameras.

3. I used to hang out at a Tim Horton from around 10pm till the wee hours of the morning with a bunch of friends every nights. So much so that the lady that was serving us our coffee knew what to serve us as soon as we walked in and we called her mom. I also knew a few cab drivers and they would drive me home free at time because it was a 30 minutes walk and they wanted to make sure I made it home safe.

4. when I lived in Montreal, no one was paying attention to me but when I moved to Moncton I quickly had more peoples to hang out with then I ever knew in Montreal. Also much more attention from boys.

5. I’ve been at a punk’s party/ demonstration in Montreal. The punks/homeless used the park as a place to sleep and the city was gonna put a curfew in place to prevent them from using the park. It was a very pacific event. The authorities still decided to interfere none the less, but I was gone before they started handcuffing peoples.

6. I’ve been in the scout movement, took piano lessons, figure skating lessons, been in a folklore dance troupe. All mostly for 1 year each. Quite scouts because of a bad summer camp experience with dislocated shoulder from previous trip with parents. The camp wouldn’t accommodate my discomfort. Quit piano lessons, mostly because bored, didn’t enjoy the music I was thought with(maybe trying an other teacher would’ve helped). The dance troupe, I quit because through childhood I often got sick for some time and missed some practices just before a performance and messed up in the show. Felt too embarrassed to continue. And figure skating, I was doing ok but the second year there were no more room for my level so they bumped me up and I had too much struggle keeping up. Also was bought new skates that were supposed to be more professional but I kept tripping on the front picks that were sticking out more then my old skates. I think after that my parents didn’t want to enroll me in anything because I was always quitting. When I got in college I got myself into karate, really enjoyed it but as time went I started to be more and more tired before training, and got to the point training was making me dizzy, I didn’t have enough energy to keep up, I had to admit to myself I couldn’t continue. When pregnant with Owen started ti chi and again, I got too uncomfortable at the end of pregnancy to continue and after birth have been too busy ever since. There’s probably more to this list. But even though I did those things only for a short period of time, I’m glad I did them.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Well, I didn't know about #5!! hehe Do you feel more like moving was the right thing to do today ? I hope so