Friday, November 25, 2005

Call me no more

I guess i can only wish

I know i'm in for it, especialy when they ask for my maiden name. I know then that it's a telemarketer, and they ramble on and on, no bother asking if i have the time or if i'm interrested, they blurt it all out. most of the time, they catch me in a bad time, one when Owen's acting up and Vivian is being vocal in my arms. i can barely make out what they are saying.

you know they are reading and you know they have quite a way to go. do you dare interupt them? you can try, sometime it work, some other time, they start again from the top. i mannaged to evade Sears for a few weeks, they tried to call 7 times! it must be quite important? so i finaly decide to try to hear what they want so we can get it over with. oh why did i bother? shouldn't it be illegal to make a pitch that long? they should have 10 second to state their case MAX. is it just me or their pitch is getting longer then it used to? i supose it depend who's calling but is that all that is wrong with telemarketing herasment? she didnt' even ask me if i was interrested, she just affirmed that she needed to confirm my personal information so she could ship the package to my house! oh no mahm, i'm not interrested.
-why aren't you interrested.....
like i owe them an explanation?
-no, i can't afford it.
after all, $26/month is quite a bit for some sort of personal insurance from a credit card (Sears)
-that's ok, we have an other package for $16/month
-no, can't afford it
- ... $9/month
they just don't know when to quit?
-no, we're broke ( do i have to spell it?) we're already living behond our means.
there, you're happy? i said it, yes we are totaly broke and struggling with our present bills. no need for more thank you

i guess i'm more patient then i thought today, cause there are some time when i hung up on Double Day Book club or let them talk and leave the room. i even considered letting my 2 years old talk hehe, he just love talking on the phone. am i just too cruel? after some thought, maybe not enough. look like i can find some interresting ideas of how to make their next call more entertaining. I just found this on google and will probably find more later hehe

if my phone number could ware a warning sign, it would say "beware, mean mom" mouaahahaahaha!
Chantal

No comments: