Monday, November 28, 2005

Those boots are made for walking

So let em!

ok, it's probably more about sleep deprivation then anything else. I find my dream land much more vivid when i have been short on sleep for a while. maybe it's just my brain trying to jam more dream material in less time. but it sure makes for wierd events. even tho they are not real, or are they?

i woke up this afternoon, after driving to one of my uncle's place with my old cavalier (a true winter beater) and park it at the end of their driveway, more like a mini mall's parking lot it seems. and i enter to see some of my cousins but they already have plan to go somewhere and are about to leave. so i take the door with them, i notice i'm not waring my shoes. one of my cousin offer me to drive me across the parking lot to my car, it's now raining pretty hard. but i decide to go back inside to get my shoes even tho, they say i wont find them again. bah, how can this be, i just dropped them by the door on my way in?

i walk in, it's more of an old school now. a bit more dark and gloomy. i go to a room beside the office where there's several lost object, and with my tunel vision, spot a few different pairs of shoes befor to see mine. so i put em on and grab my wallet, wich i also had forgotten?

ever had this experience you're in a room or a setting and nothing really change but all of a sudden your in a totaly different place? like a different city or house or what not?

anyway, i walk out the house, make it through the parking lot, and now my car would be across the street but it's not there anymore. aparently now it was parked at a garage's parking lot and i walked in to inquire only to find out they dismanteled it for parts. they advise me that there's no point in calling the police, after all polices have car too and get service from them. So aparently they would turn their blind eye on my issue. so i walk out, in the rain and start to walk away. out of frustration i scream, IT'S AN AWFULL AND PISSY DAY, BUT EVERYTHING IS TICKA DEE BOO!!!! *SIGH* and with that sigh of relieve, everything is just so wonderfully normal again. sunny, peoples walking on the sidewalks with sign that they heard me screaming.

there i am, walking in the sun shine, with my boots, heading back toward home in a good mood.
waking up like this was nice, nevermind all the previous struggle, its all ticka dee boo hehe and i keep having those thought looping through my mind. hmmm, could it be about how the past few days have been so hecktic and out of sort, with the kids not cooperating so much for their naps and nights... DS was tired too tired to know what he wanted and everything was upsetting him, so i held and bounced him for quite some time. and the night was though too. My mom had left asking if i planned on going to mass in the morning. i replied, yes if the kids would let me sleep a cescent night.

now i don't even remember all or even most except that at 5am after nursing my DD, i was thursty and didnt' want to go back in the room to risk waking up my DS. so i went in the kitchen with my DD in my arms to get a glass in the cupboard, but instead of finding a tall glass, it was 2 short one and the bottom one fell on the counter in a shattering smash and there was glass cristals all over. i had to walk carefully out to put her down so i could sweep that mess and get me something to drink.

There i am at 5am sweeping glass tid bits on the floor remembering my hope for a good night sleep and seeing how ironic it was that it could be one of the worst nights i could think of. walking through broken glass bare feet, shoes would've been nice. regardless, i decided to go to mass after all. it's the first sunday of advent, the 4 weeks leading to Christmas. after that, everything seemed much better and the following night also.

My mom remind me often that she would like me to do more around the house. i would like that too, but often, i'm too tired, really. so i'm thinking, maybe i'm not ment to drive on the highway of life, but i got my boots and walking through life is not making anyone a lesser person.

My house may be messy, i might not do all the stuff others do but i got a wonderfull family. and if those boots are made for walking, that's just what i will do.
Chantal

2 comments:

Nancy said...

argh, thanks for sticking that song in my head :P

Is owen still scared of the kazoo, or has he watched the tape since ? hehe

Anygma said...

you're welcome, i think it's a song that gives a sense of empowerment ;)

yes, owen is very sensitive to sertain sounds, mostly BZZzzzzt! and other related sounds. kazoo would fall in that cathegory. also have to be careful about squeeky toys, like balls and rubber duckies. our rubber duckies are pretty tame, but we got a glow in the dark face ball that has quite a sharp sqweek and, thinking he might have overgrown it, i gave it back to him and i walked throught the kitchen, i heard the noise oooze out and followed by a strong effort not to burst crying. it is best to warn him prior to use any power tools or kitchen apliances. on the other hand, if he's about to put himself in danger and can't take him away from risky curiosity, a quick bzzzt can prevent a disaster and make him reconsider.