Monday, November 07, 2005

Geyzer meat loaf

here i am at midnight, waiting for food to cook. it seem like it's the easiest time to get things like that done, once the kids are in bed. i wasn't planning on finishing so late, but that cabbage casserol is a bigger enterprize then i anticipate each time. and i'm trying to make meatloaf that will make nice sandwich material. after an hour in the oven i think it should be cook. to make sure, i poke it with the thermometer, 90, 100, 120, 125... 140, ok ground beef should reach 180 F so back to the oven you go! pluck the thermometer and wooosh! juice comme gushing uppppp, nooooo i want ya to stay juicy and i shove the thermometer back in it. i hope it is oven safe.

suppertime brought back memories of when as a kid i used to drink pop with my cousines, we'd tell jokes to each other and end up bursting into laughter while swalloing a mouthfull, projecting the fizz into our noses. waaah! except this time, there was no laughter and no pop. just my home made crackers. i'm not too sure what happened myself, just that when i went to blow my nose, there were crumbs flying out. : not even sure why i felt like writing about it either?

Thank you Nancy for leaving a comment, my verry first comment, YAY! i had the intention to post more often, but things get hecktick and yet its quite the routine. I don't have much time to myself and i don't really have much exciting news to talk about. or maybe i just don't have the ability to remember them. i have a hard time remembering what i ate for supper if it wasn't for those crackers. *sniff, sniff, sneeze* Thank you for trying to encourage me to keep up with my blog, although i think you're the only one reading my posts. well, maybe you and my DH, i cought him reading my blog once hehe.

i should be in bed now, i think it's all cooked. just that i'll have to move my DS from my bed. he has been pretty good lately at going to sleep in his own bed. since we only allow him to lay down on the coutch or rock for 15 minutes and lead him to his bed, bedtime has been going much smoother. except tonight, him and DD seem more restless lately. Is there a storm comming or something?

Time to call it a night
TTFN
Chantal

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Meatloaf at Midnight... almost sounds poetic.. I was in bed at 10pm reading and falling asleep. I have decided that I need to MAKE time to read hehe.

Scatterbrain said...

I read it too!! :-)
I cook things in the middle of the night nancy...it's not so weird..lol..just last night I was preparing chicken breasts at 2am...and baking a cake...:p

Tina