Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Maringouin-Sautrelle

wich translate to mosquito-grasshopper... this is a combinaison of word my dear 2 year old son use with his joyfull light hearted voice that, well i'm not sure where he came up with that but it sound almost like it should be a mythological bug. i'm debating wether it's suppose to jump or bite. i'm also trying to figure out what "askwee" is suposed to mean, he use it fairly often in different situations repeatedly. he has a gift to surprise me at random out of the blue.

like my mom yesterday when she showed up to help me while Andy's at work. She announced me about a secret crush she has, or had, cause it's not secret anymore. this week end she walked up to him to let him know. I must admit, it feel wierd at time, i feel like i have a teenaged mom of sixty something. even wierder that i say i've been there, done the mistakes and learned from them but try to tell her that?!!! she seem more cautious lately. and me keeping her busy probably help keep her out of trouble.

I should mention that my mom is a devoted catholic who value verry much her faith. now, in the tradition of the church to ask saints to pray for us, she has been asking a particular Saint, who like to send roses to those who's prayer have been heard by God. when i was single and carless, i prayed that God would help me find a good reliable, affordable car. and incidentaly the car i bought had a little rose hanging from one of the visor. the loan guy at the caisse pop came to pick up the check from the first car i was gonna buy but chose not to and after chattting at the door for a little while decided to increase my loan aproval limit, which made it possible for me to look for a car in the price range of the one with the little rose i found not long after.

ok, i sidetracked. what i was gonna say is that my mom have been praying for a while to find a good man. last month, one of my cousin was getting married, i would've liked to be there, but with hubby working and 2 kids to look after and a tooth absess, i felt better staying home. what i'm getting at, is when the bride throws the bouquet... all the single ladies goes to catch it, some insisted that my mom goes too. so she went and stood behing the hords of eager bouquet catchers. the ceiling was low and the bride threw the bouquet low and fast. and guess who got it smack in the face? yep... my mom and they were real, fresh roses.

seem to have discouraged the next group of catchers though, the guys snobbed the gerter. untill one of my cousin went around it twice before to pick it up from the floor. so who know what will happen next hehe

so needless to say, yesterday my mom was all giddy and ready to eat my daughters plump cheeks.

all i got left to say for tonight is maringouin-sautrelle
not sure we need a hopping bloodsucker
blah
Chantal

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hey you're slacking, we want updates, we want updates, we want updates :P 4 votes for updates : Me, ti-minou, gros-minou and pitou.